What are you concealing under all that concealer? Are you concealing a lot or little? Imperfections? Discoloration? Under eye bags? For me, my concealer has to work because I don’t have time to do touch ups throughout the day. Plus it has to be oil free, non comedogenic and give me full coverage.
I always went for concealer because it covered my under eyes bags and my breakouts. When my skin got a little less oily, I started wearing a light to medium coverage foundation and not too much concealer. So I switched to an illuminating concealer because of its fluid texture. That was short lived due to my unfortunate allergies to them. So now, I stick to a light to medium foundation and found a concealer that is light in texture but heavy on the coverage. Here is my review of the current concealer I am using and I’m going to give you some tips on using one.
Makeup forever –extreme camouflage cream concealer
I am a huge makeup forever fan and every time I purchased a product from this company, I have always been quite happy with them. So when I decided to buy this concealer from them I was a little hesitant as I wasn’t sure how this would work out. I’m used to full coverage concealers being too heavy, making my skin look shinier and possibly make me break out. But the description and people’s feedback on this concealer about it being oil free, non comedogenic and gives great coverage was all the requirements I needed.
I wasn’t used to the concealer like this so I had my work cut out for me. First of all, it was 1 to 2 shades lighter than I’m used to and I kept putting on too much. So I had to work on my mixing and tried to scale it back on concealer usage and after a while I fell in love with it and now I can’t live without it. Believe it or not this is one of the few full coverage concealer that feels absolutely light on the skin and full coverage on the face. It has no trouble covering my under eyes circles and my breakouts to give me that flawless look.
- If your concealer is a shade or two lighter don’t worry it may work for you! You may have to mix it with a bit of foundation or apply powder on top of it after so it looks flawless.
- Concealer vs. illuminator, they do the same thing but keep in mind that an illuminator is light in texture and really helps to brighten the face. So you may need to use the concealer to ensure maximum coverage just in case.
- Use a tool of some sort. I use a brush because it blends very nicely and seamless into the skin. Because it’s a small area you’re doing, blending the concealer is a must. Use a brush or sponge it may be a little difficult with the fingers because it may not blend as well. In the end it’s up to you and what you decide to use.
- Over or under foundation. It really is your choice on this one because if you use it under foundation it’s a more natural look. Over the foundation and you will get more coverage this way. If you put concealer first you tend to move it around when you put your foundation after. If you apply foundation first, then the concealer will stay where you put it. Food for thought.
- Under the eyes. I know sometimes concealers can crease and fall into the lines. My suggestion is as soon as you’re done with your concealer, pat the area with powder. I found that this has helped especially around the eye area. Or you can use an under eye primer.
Now go and apply your concealer and make it look flawless just like you. Until next week my beauties have a good week!